Lou Smith

Lou Smith is a fine art painting and photography. During the weeks half term I went to London for a couple days and thought what a great way to take some pictures of human form as I wanted some pictures which didn't actually involve posing or making yourself look different. I wanted natural ones so I researched a photographer before I went and found Lou Smith as my base of what I will look like.

http://www.lousmith.co.uk/galleries/photography/
This photo is great as it reflects Britain in so many ways. You can tell that it's a natural shot as of the rain, umbrellas and movement, I like the landscape view as it shows all the people there and emphasis how busy and rainy it is. This photo has been taken in natural daylight so maybe a high aperture was used so it could get all the light in. I like the way the colours are all associated to Britian with red, blues but also their are different colours such as purples and oranges and the key focus when you look at this photo is the London bag which could show that it's tourists.

http://www.lousmith.co.uk/galleries/photography/
I really like this photo, the portrait view shows the feet but also their shadowing so a low-ish aperture might have been used so it isn't as bright and you can see the shadows. The photo was probably taken near afternoon and the effect on Photoshop of it being a bit sepia/brown effect works well. You do have to stop to take this photo to get a clear sharp photo so if I want to achieve this I will have to set myself up.

Lou Smith also sometimes takes pictures of sculputres which can link with my other shoot.