John Rawlings

John Rawlings is a fashion photographer from the 1930s through the 1960s and his theme is based on the time he was doing photography. John doesn't focus on texture such as I what I am focussing on but because his photos seem very vintage and oldfashioned, I am going to link with this my work by using the curled hair so looking at textures of hair such as extensions as hair is natural form, big different hats, tights, the black veil with the hat going over the face and a corset as I can look at details of the lace.


This photo has used depth of field which is used quite clever I think as the hat colours link with what the lady is wearing. I will represent this in my shoot by using colours to match the hats but try a depth of field and a bit more closer so I could focus on certain parts of the hat.


I really like this photo as it has used materials in a clever way, I would like to try this as an extended shoot by using it against eyes or lips as you could get the sharpness of the holes against eyelashes or something like that. The shadowing in this photo adds to the mysterious effect aswell so I would definately consider this when I do my shoot.