Van Leemputten

Van Leemputten focusses on Human Form which I am doing as a back up for my final piece of my extended projuct. His photos also focus on the dark room so if I have enough time I might use some final images and try out some development in the dark room. His photos are always in black and white with amazing lighting so I am going to try out a shoot at home with lighting on feet/ankles to get some great shadows.

http://www.leemputten.be/gallery/view/the_human_form

This is an image from the gallery on his website which I really like as the persons hand is fully in focus as it grabs your attention but the rule of thirds is used as you can see the side of the body on the right. The lighting has been based on the left as you can see the shadows of his fingers on the body. The colour of the skin also matches the background which looks like an embross effect.